Call for Submissions: 2024 Volume of the Journal of Jungian Scholarly Studies
The Jungian Society for Scholarly Studies (JSSS) invites submissions for the 2024 volume of the Journal of Jungian Scholarly Studies.
Deadline for Submissions: November 1, 2023
Submissions are welcome based on scholarly papers delivered at the Society’s 18th conference of research in Jung and analytical psychology held in Asheville, North Carolina on July 27–30, 2023. The theme of the conference was Jung and the Numinous: Art, Science and Psyche, but the editors also seek other submissions that meet the journal’s aims: interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary scholarly papers on all topics that interpret, expand, apply, critique, and/or theorize Jungian and post-Jungian concepts in order to illuminate psychology and other areas of study.
The 2024 volume of the Journal offers both peer-reviewed and curated opportunities for publication in both prose, poetry, and visual art:
- Scholarly essays (typically 4,000 to 12,000 words) are welcome on all topics noted above. Submissions are peer reviewed.
- Conversations in the Field essays (1,000 to 2,000 words in length) Essays are curated but not peer reviewed.
- Reviews: these will run 1,000 to 1,200 words and are curated by the editorial team. Reviews may cover scholarly books on the subject of depth psychology or comprise of arts and culture reviews which should be scholarly and maintain the Jungian focus of the journal.
- Poetry: Original poems no longer than 250 words are curated by the editorial team. No more than three submissions per poet, please.
- Visual Art: Painting, photography, sculpture, and drawings are curated by the editorial team in connection with the Art Director. No more than three (3) works of art, please. Submissions may be made in more than one category.